Located just a 5 minute stroll from the Guest House you will find the delightful Bicclescombe Park with lovely gardens, tennis courts and weather permitting the mill tearooms are open along with a enclosed children’s play area. Dogs on leads are very welcome.
Also located just behind the Guest house you have both the Cairn Nature reserve with many walking trails of various degrees of difficulty, or stroll along part of the Tarka Trail, which follows the route travelled by Tarka the Otter in the famous novel by Henry Williamson and covers a total of 180 miles.
The Victorian Town of Ilfracombe with its many shops, restaurants and pubs is set along some of the most spectacular and variable coast line in North Devon.
With a scenic Harbour and Quay you can set sail for the beautiful and remote Lundy Island, a bird watcher paradise.
Ilfracombe with its own unique Landmark Theatre and Cinema complex, which is set against a stupendous background of ocean rollers and rugged cliffs, benefits from a constant changing programme of events to suit one and all.
While Staying in Ilfracombe you will find a wide variety of wonderful and exciting places to visit for the day, Lynton & Lynmouth, Clovelly, Woolacombe, Exmoor, Barnstaple or Lundy Island are but to name but a few.
Looking to go walking, cycling, golfing, fishing or just to visit the seaside, Ilfracombe is an ideal location in which to base your holiday.
CONTACT US TODAY TO ASK ANY QUESTIONS
Strathmore Guest House 57 St Brannocks’s Road Ilfracombe North Devon EX34 8EQ
1. Credit/Debit card details - are required to confirm to confirm all reservations. A non-refundable deposit for the 1st night stay is required to secure all reservations. Most major Credit / Debit cards are accepted.
2. Conduct – I reserve the right to ask any Guest who does not comply with my terms & conditions or whose behaviour is deemed to be disruptive, threatening, abusive or otherwise inappropriate to leave. In any instance, if you are asked to leave, any monies taken will not be refunded and any outstanding balance will be charged accordingly.
3. Smoking – Strathmore has a strict Non-smoking policy throughout the building however, guests are welcome to smoke in the gardens to the rear of the property, which can be accessed via a door on the middle landing of the guest house. If smoking does occur in the room a charge will be made for the cost of deep cleaning, and any night’s stay a room is deemed unbookable to allow cleaning and airing to take place, plus any costs associated finding alternative accommodation for other guests due to use the room.
4. Car Parking – The Management does not accept any responsibility for guest’s cars or their contents whilst they are parked, in the Car Park
5. Damages – I am sure that you will take care whilst you stay with me at Strathmore, and I acknowledge that accidents sometimes happen. However I reserve the right to charge for any damage or breakages which I consider to be deliberately or recklessly caused, for any items discovered missing after you depart or for the cost of the room for any time period for which it is considered un-usable due to damage. In agreeing to my terms and conditions, you authorise me to charge this amount to the debit/ credit card used to secure the booking. If the damage/breakages are discovered after you depart, you will be notified of any charges in writing, email or phone, as soon as is reasonably practicable for me to do so.
6. Pets – Small well behaved dogs are most welcome at Strathmore, however there are certain breads of dogs which unfortunately I am unable to accept, please contact me direct before arriving with a dog to confirm the breed of dog is accepted on the premises. A charge of £6.50 per night will be made for any dog staying at Strathmore. Should you arrive with a breed of dog that is not accepted, you will be asked to leave the premises and any accommodation reserved that I am unable to re-let, will be charges in full. Please note dogs apart from assistance dogs are NOT permitted in the dining room and I ask you not to leave the dogs in the rooms un-attended at any time.