I will be following the government guidelines and Strathmore is planning to re-open on Monday 17th May 2021. I value the welfare of all guests at alltimes, and with this in mind the following precautions will still be in place to help ensure your stay at Strathmore is as safe as possible. Because of thisunfortunately not all services and facilities will be available. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns at any time.
I will be restricting the number of bedrooms available until lockdown hs eased and rotating the rooms used. I kindly request all guests throughout your stay, to observe the social distancing guidelines.
I ask if you could please provide me with an arrival time to help social distancing in the main hallway and to ensure I am not out walking my dog.
You will find hand sanitizer as you enter the front door, please sanitize your hands accordingly before entering the building.
Should you arrive at the same time as other guests, I kindly ask if you could please wait in the inner hallway until I have checked in the guests and they have made their way to the staircase.
As we re-open the dining-room will still have a restricted number of tables until further notice. Unfortunately the breakfast buffet will not be out, but all items normally on the buffet will be served from the kitchen. A pre-order may be required the night before.
All soft furnishings have been removed from the bedrooms to help minimize the risk of transmission of the virus, so please excuse rooms not looking as decorative and they would normally.
The honesty bar will remain closed to you, however if I am around and you would like a drink just ask and I will get it for you.
There is no problem should you wish to have take-away food in the evenings, , however I ask:-
If you are having any food delivered please let me know just so I am not disturbing guests to find out who has ordered what.
Should you have Chinese, Indian, or other hot foods (excluding pizza) please either consume these in the dining-room or garden at the rear of the guest house.
I will be following the government guidelines, hence at the present time rooms may not be fully serviced throughout your stay, if this is the case I am happy to replenish your tea trays, change towels and bedding at your request.
Rooms should be vacated no later than 11.00am, and keys please be left on the reception table upon departure.
I am sorry for any inconvenience, this causes, however this is in everyone’s interest to stay safe and well.
Should you have any concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at any time, I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you to Strathmore and Ilfracombe this year.
CONTACT US TODAY TO ASK ANY QUESTIONS
Strathmore Guest House 57 St Brannocks’s Road Ilfracombe North Devon EX34 8EQ
1. Credit/Debit card details - are required to confirm to confirm all reservations. A non-refundable deposit for the 1st night stay is required to secure all reservations. Most major Credit / Debit cards are accepted.
2. Conduct – I reserve the right to ask any Guest who does not comply with my terms & conditions or whose behaviour is deemed to be disruptive, threatening, abusive or otherwise inappropriate to leave. In any instance, if you are asked to leave, any monies taken will not be refunded and any outstanding balance will be charged accordingly.
3. Smoking – Strathmore has a strict Non-smoking policy throughout the building however, guests are welcome to smoke in the gardens to the rear of the property, which can be accessed via a door on the middle landing of the guest house. If smoking does occur in the room a charge will be made for the cost of deep cleaning, and any night’s stay a room is deemed unbookable to allow cleaning and airing to take place, plus any costs associated finding alternative accommodation for other guests due to use the room.
4. Car Parking – The Management does not accept any responsibility for guest’s cars or their contents whilst they are parked, in the Car Park
5. Damages – I am sure that you will take care whilst you stay with me at Strathmore, and I acknowledge that accidents sometimes happen. However I reserve the right to charge for any damage or breakages which I consider to be deliberately or recklessly caused, for any items discovered missing after you depart or for the cost of the room for any time period for which it is considered un-usable due to damage. In agreeing to my terms and conditions, you authorise me to charge this amount to the debit/ credit card used to secure the booking. If the damage/breakages are discovered after you depart, you will be notified of any charges in writing, email or phone, as soon as is reasonably practicable for me to do so.
6. Pets – Small well behaved dogs are most welcome at Strathmore, however there are certain breads of dogs which unfortunately I am unable to accept, please contact me direct before arriving with a dog to confirm the breed of dog is accepted on the premises. A charge of £6.50 per night will be made for any dog staying at Strathmore. Should you arrive with a breed of dog that is not accepted, you will be asked to leave the premises and any accommodation reserved that I am unable to re-let, will be charges in full. Please note dogs apart from assistance dogs are NOT permitted in the dining room and I ask you not to leave the dogs in the rooms un-attended at any time.